Harlow Carr Gardens Trip
Road Safety Day
The Year 3 children thoroughly enjoyed the workshop and responded to the talks very responsibly.
Identifying features of leaves
A welcome message from Miss Doherty to Year 3 and their families:
I hope you are all looking forward to the new school year as much as I am. This is my first year as a class teacher and I feel very lucky to be starting my teaching career with the wonderful children of St. Anthony’s. I am looking forward to getting to know each and every one of you and getting started with all the fun learning we will have on our journey through the school year. During our first term we are going to be authors, writing stories about familiar settings. We will look at how plants grow and even draw some flowers in the style of famous artists. This is only to mention a few of the new and interesting things we will be looking at this school year.
I am very much looking forward to working with you all, and the fun, joy and laughter we will have along the way.
Here are some things to help you:
- Please remember your PE kit must be in school at all times. (Indoor – white top and black shorts. Outdoor – black tracksuit and trainers). Our PE days are Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Read every night and talk about what you have read. Make sure an adult records this in your diary!
- Practise your spellings each day. The ‘look, cover, write, check’ method and learning the spelling rule will help you. Spelling tests will take place on a Wednesday.
- Learn your times tables (3, 4 and 8 are the focus in year 3).
- Our library day will be Tuesday mornings. Please remember to bring your library book and change this before school from 8.35am-8.45am.
Here’s to a fantastic year as we learn together in faith!