Reading is at the core of our curriculum at St Anthony's. Our standards demonstrate that our reading curriculum has clear impact in all three key stages. As part of our Reading Curriculum in 2019-2010 all our children are exposed to:
- Guided reading or novel study lessons.
- English lessons with a focus on reading.
- KS1 and FS Story sessions.
- Individual reading experiences.
- Visits to our two in school libraries weekly by all classes using our electronic library systems.
- World Book Day annually with a focus on reading.
- Regular family learning with a reading based focus for parents and carers.
- Year 6 Keeping up with the kids reading parent and child sessions in the Spring term.
- Reception Language Sessions led by Mrs Capaldi in Autumn 2 onwards funded by Leeds Council.
- All classes visit our local library termly.
Please take a look over the evidence of the impact of our wonderful curriculum for reading below ...