Chamber Choir Sing at Diocesan Head Teacher's Mass at Leeds Cathedral
Twelve specially chosen members of our LKS2 Chamber Choir visited The Leeds Cathedral to sing a repertoire of songs for The Annual Headteacher's Mass with The Bishop of Leeds on Thursday 25th June 2021. The children sung a large repertoire of secular songs including:
- On Jordan's Bank the Baptist's cry (C Coffin 1676-1749)
- As I went down to the river to pray (Trad Arr; Alex Kyle)
- The Sanctus (Missa Mundi, John Duggan)
- The Agnes Dei (Missa Mundi, John Duggan)
- Brother James' Air (James Bain, Arr, Gordon Jacob)
- Alleluia, Sing to Jesus (W. Chatterton Dix 1837-1898)
The standard was extraordinary, praised by The Bishop of Leeds and many Head Teachers in our Diocese, with one noted below:
"It was noticeable that not only did the children sing some quite complex repertoire in parts, in tune and with confidence, but they were also clearly paying close attention to their MD, which shows a very professional attitude! Outstanding St Anthony's!"
I am so proud of you all children!