Reading is one of our highest priorities at St Anthony's with our progress in 2018 significantly above average. Take a look and see what our curriculum for reading includes.
As part of our Reading Curriculum in 2019 all our children are exposed to:
- Guided reading or novel study lessons.
- English lessons with a focus on reading.
- KS1 and FS Story sessions.
- Individual reading experiences.
- Visits to our two in school libraries weekly by all classes using our electronic library systems.
- World Book Day annually with a focus on reading.
- Year 1 family learning with a reading based focus for parents and carers as well as Year 1.
- Year 6 Keeping up with the kids reading parent and child sessions in the Spring term.
- All classes visit our local library termly.